Name change checklist

Can’t remember all of the places you need to notify when you choose to change your name after marriage? Here’s a handy list that you can tick off as you go!
Many institutions require a certified copy of the Official Certificate of Marriage – available at the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages in your State. When you have a Vows Now wedding the Standard Marriage Certificate is INCLUDED in the price of your wedding ceremony.

  • Drivers License
  • Medicare Card
  • Insurance – car/house/contents/medical
  • Utility bills – water, gas, electricity
  • Passport
  • Australian Tax Office
  • Electoral Roll
  • Private Health Insurance Membership
  • Ambulance Membership
  • Banks (could include credit cards, ATM cards, loans, cheque books, term deposit accounts, etc)
  • Your workplace (i.e. email address if applicable, business cards, professional memberships)
  • Superannuation
  • Mobile phone account
  • Home phone account
  • Internet account
  • White Pages Listing
  • Other memberships (could include movie hire, sports clubs, subscriptions, website logins, etc)
  • Store cards
  • NRMA or RACQ breakdown cover
  • Magazine subscriptions
  • Regular service providers e.g. your local mechanic, hairdresser
  • Council – Rates and Animal Registration
  • Vets
  • Centrelink (if applicable)
  • Real Estate Agency if you’re renting
  • Blue card